twitter




Tuesday, October 27, 2009

If I'm added onto my husbands credit card?

Will my bad credit affect his?So far we have kept everything separate so our credit is not combined and his being affected by mine.



He has a Target credit card and wants to add me so I will have my own but they want my social security number and will they run a credit check on me and then find out how bad mine is will it ruin his credit because of mine?



If we are connected it will hurt us financially as we do everything using his credit i.e rent,credit cards,finance furniture,cars etc.



I have bankruptcy on my credit from before I met him and I don%26#039;t want it to ruin him as he had nothing to do with it.



If I%26#039;m added onto my husbands credit card?

No it won%26#039;t hurt his credit if he adds you.



He does not have to add you as a joint user, as another poster stated. He can add you as an authorized user.



By law, creditor HAS to report authorized users if the AU is a spouse.



They may pull a soft inquiry when you are added but they should not pull a hard inquiry.



Even if they pull a soft inquiry, it still will not hurt your husbands credit with them or any other creditor he has.



As far as the bankruptcy goes, if it has been at least 2 years or longer, it is much easier to rebuild credit with that on your reports than having charge offs, etc., that would be the same age as the bankruptcy.



If I%26#039;m added onto my husbands credit card?

This should not affect his credit negatively. Why not start rebuilding your own credit. There are several credit cards that will approve you.



If I%26#039;m added onto my husbands credit card?

Only way to merge credit is to apply for joint credit. Your husband adding you to his credit card will not do anything to his credit, so no worries. They are more than likelly taking you SS# to check if you have strong enough credit to have your own account and then to merge to his. Otherwise, they will just give you a second card with your name on it but the credit is still in his name and no marks will go on yours, not positive or negative. Basically, its like a parent giving their children a credit card, still the parents credit and only they are liable.



If I%26#039;m added onto my husbands credit card?

Yes. You will certainly ruin his good standing. Get your credit together before trying to go on things together. Check out Suze Orman%26#039;s books. Get the most updated ones. They can be found at your local library.



If I%26#039;m added onto my husbands credit card?

Small steps like paying your bills on time and using only part of the credit available to you. Also use your credit cards for making small payments regularly, so that it is reflected in your credit record. More tips available at http://www.acreditlibrary.com/buildcredi...

No comments:

Post a Comment