twitter




Tuesday, October 27, 2009

For my situation what is the best way to minimize the insurance cost?

my family has two cars. (maxima and accent)



I (21years old) use the accent and my parents use the maxima.



All three of us are under the same insurance plan.



I might sell the accent and buy a used car and pay monthly(financing).



so that means the insurance has to be full coverage right? and not liability. (the maxima and the accent are both fully paid and they are under liability right now)



So if I buy a used car what is the best way to minimize the insurance cost?...any good insurance companies? can I be covered under my dad%26#039;s name or something? my friend said something like that..but I don%26#039;t know if there is such a thing.



by the way my parents live in massachusetts and i live in NJ.



what should i do?



For my situation what is the best way to minimize the insurance cost?

If you have financing on the car you are going to buy, you will be required to have comprehensive and collision coverage which, of course, will add to the cost of the premium.



If the car is going to be in your name, then you%26#039;ll need to insure it. Especially since you%26#039;re out of state with the car. Unless you are a student in another state and your main residence is still considered your parents house, you really should have the car insured on your own, in NJ, where it%26#039;s licensed. I have heard that NJ has extremely high insurance rates so I%26#039;d call your agent for quotes on several different vehicles you are considering. Sometimes the vehicle itself can cause really high insurance rates, too.



For my situation what is the best way to minimize the insurance cost?

some help

No comments:

Post a Comment