twitter




Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Does telling the dealership I have the money and will buy right then and there help you get a better

I was approved for a $12,000 loan and have a 96 Jetta GLS for trade-in. The car is in great physical shape however it does need a control arm repair(i hit a curb in snowstorm).



Is it easier to buy a car when you have financing already set and a trade in? Would it be unreasonable to make a offer of my $12,000 and my car for a car thats tagged as $15,000 on the lot? I would tell them I would be willing to buy the car right there on the spot.



Does telling the dealership I have the money and will buy right then and there help you get a better deal?

The absolute best way to negotiate is to use the commitment close. By saying %26quot;If you reduce the price to $X, I will take the home today%26quot;. This is also the same closing some of the top Auto Sales Associates in the business use everyday. Getting $3,000 off is a stretch, however not out of the question.



Don%26#039;t bother bringing any print outs from kbb.com or Edmund%26#039;s because neither has any bearing on the market place. If you want to bring any print outs, then bring ads of vehicles with similar miles to use as a comparison. Do a complete vehicle evaluation so you know what you are getting yourself into as well as show the dealership you mean business.



If a customer takes the time to thoroughly inspect a vehicle, this shows every potential of you becoming a %26#039;Customer%26#039; instead of a %26#039;Prospect%26#039;. I hope this helps and you can email me if you have any questions.



Does telling the dealership I have the money and will buy right then and there help you get a better deal?

Sorry, but the Kelley Blue Book or Edmunds pricing DOES have a bearing on the marketplace. The similar prices you will find on other cars are based on fair market price established by these standards. Report It



Does telling the dealership I have the money and will buy right then and there help you get a better deal?

Many dealerships are bonused based on customer feedback ratings. Tell them if they take an extra $500 off the car you%26#039;ll give them a stellar review. Report It



Does telling the dealership I have the money and will buy right then and there help you get a better deal?

Good points here overall, but there is a lot more what you could and should do. It will be in my book. So, can%26#039;t post it until I copy write it. Good Luck! Report It



Does telling the dealership I have the money and will buy right then and there help you get a better deal?

The answer has some good points but if you follow it all of the way you will still have fallen for double speak. Report It



Does telling the dealership I have the money and will buy right then and there help you get a better deal?

Go to their website or an online car website see how much that dealership listed that car online for ..



dealerships would list their cars cheaper than what they have listed on their lot. good luck -let us knw Report It



Does telling the dealership I have the money and will buy right then and there help you get a better deal?

The BEST way to negotiate is to be willing to walk away. If they know you are committed to ANYTHING on their lot, you have already lost ALL your leverage. If you can show CASH, and are willing to walk away, they will do anything they can to keep your business. Report It



Does telling the dealership I have the money and will buy right then and there help you get a better deal?

NO!!!! Never, ever tell the dealer you have the cash for an immediate deal. Do ALL negotiating up front before they know your already willing to buy. All they need to know is you%26#039;ve already secured your own financing, telling them that is risky as they then know they will get no bank kickback. Report It



Does telling the dealership I have the money and will buy right then and there help you get a better deal?

For a $15,000 car, you could probably get it for $9,000 if you offered cash straight up. If you know how to deal with money/car salesmen/dealerships you might be able to get it even cheaper. Cash is worth A LOT more than credit, and getting $$$$ now is very important with a slow economy. Report It



Does telling the dealership I have the money and will buy right then and there help you get a better deal?

Carry green into the car lot.. It%26#039;s a powerful negotiating tool.



Dealers make $82 dollars on average for a car that is sold to someone with cash if you have to finance or fleece (lease) you will pay substantially more for the paper plus interest. Report It



Does telling the dealership I have the money and will buy right then and there help you get a better deal?

Also, make sure to get a CarFax report! It will tell you if the car is a salvage, what repairs it has had, whether it was a rental car, etc. Report It



Does telling the dealership I have the money and will buy right then and there help you get a better deal?

well, I tried this, and they will do everything they can to get you to finance through someone else (which actually was a better deal interest wise for me). If you had cold hard cash, you could probably get away with it, but with the loan, I would say they will screw you with your jetta and give you 1500 for it if that and then throw some other numbers around till you can%26#039;t stand it and either leave or finance a different way. Good luck though. usually you can talk them down 2000 but taxes will get it right back to the starting point....



Does telling the dealership I have the money and will buy right then and there help you get a better deal?

Thats a good tactic..



Here%26#039;s a fun one ... I always let them think they are going to get the insurance and finance on the deal and that I have good credit. Then I argue about the %26quot;bottom line%26quot; so they always cut the bottom line thinking they are going to stiff me on the finance. So then when I get the bottom line way way down, I make them sign the PO and then we go to the finance office. They ask me how many payments and i just pull out my check book and pay whats on the purchase order. Then they gasp and stutter and turn blue in the face. But, in Alabama once the manager signs the PO, he%26#039;s obligated to deliver at that price. So go ahead... stick it to em if ya can. They%26#039;ll do it to you if you give them half a chance.



Does telling the dealership I have the money and will buy right then and there help you get a better deal?

In short, not really. Anyone with C or better credit would be approved at most dealers in 15 minutes.



Some customers have cash, a home equity line of credit, or I know people who try to use their credit card to buy a car to get the air miles points, or have been approved by the local branch, or an online lender.



The exact opposite may be true, you offer 12k plus your trade, and they say, %26quot; Whoa Mr. Hardball, you are taking the food right off my table, and when my manager sees this deal I will probably get fired, but OK.%26quot; That means you paid too much.



And if your offer is way too low, they will just dismiss it and not start a negotiation. You have to shop your trade, prices for a trade in can vary greatly base on what any given dealer can sell and what they have in inventory.



The only real way to insure you are getting the best deal is to shop around, and have some back and forth.



a%26gt;



Does telling the dealership I have the money and will buy right then and there help you get a better deal?

It%26#039;s always better to have your financing lined up before you walk into a dealership, provided that you got a better rate at your chosen lender than what the dealership can offer. However, having your own financing doesn%26#039;t guarantee you will get the car for a cheaper price as there%26#039;s more to getting a real good deal than just getting your financing in order. Sometimes the dealer isn%26#039;t willing to go lower on their price, especially if they are a no haggle dealership.



For me, in order to get a great deal on the vehicle, it%26#039;s best to know what the true invoice price is and negotiate from there.



Does telling the dealership I have the money and will buy right then and there help you get a better deal?

No. This is how I get the best deal. I research the car that I want online first. I find out the INVOICE cost of it. I go to the dealer with a printout of the INVOICE cost (this is the key word). Then, I say to the saleperson that I want this car at that invoice cost. He can usually sell it to you at about 100 dollars above it. Don%26#039;t settle for anything less than that...you get ripped off paying sticker price....Tell him you will go elsewhere then if he refuses to sell much more than that. He usually gives in and wants your business. Do not buy all of the extras (warranty and all of that).



Does telling the dealership I have the money and will buy right then and there help you get a better deal?

Get a loan before you walk in is number one. they will always try to screw you.



Get the invoice price like everyone else said here.



My advice, if you have time, sell you jetta to a provate party. local ad or internet.



After you sell the jetta, combine the money, give them a offer like 200 bucks over the invoice price. should work, you would save alot of money that way. becarefull on what you pay for. some fees are just really dealer profits.



good luck



Does telling the dealership I have the money and will buy right then and there help you get a better deal?

Well, if you are approved for a $12,000 loan, they will not give you the $15,000 car unless they were willing to give you $3000 for a 1996 Jetta (doubtful). However, to them, it is a cash deal, so look at the $12,000-13,000 cars and let them know you are ready to pay if all the numbers match.

No comments:

Post a Comment