twitter




Wednesday, May 26, 2010

For Car Salesmen- I'm looking to purchase a Used Jeep Grand Cherokee this summer.....?

A typical Grand Cherokee I%26#039;m looking at is 2004-2005 40k, $12,900-$14,000 range in my area.



I know a few things are on my side:



A) Gas prices



B) Horrible Michigan Economy



C) SUV%26#039;s aren%26#039;t at a premium for 4x4 during summer months...



I will be arriving pre-approved with my credit union, putting down about $3,000, and have no reason to haggle with them over THEIR financing. IT will be purely how much I can get them down to... no trade in.



QUESTION IS- How much should I offer reasonably and why? Also, what%26#039;s the most I should pay during their counteroffer process.



THANKS!



For Car Salesmen- I%26#039;m looking to purchase a Used Jeep Grand Cherokee this summer.....?

how much:- Just Empty Every Pocket seriously that%26#039;s what you%26#039;re looking at, so don%26#039;t.



For Car Salesmen- I%26#039;m looking to purchase a Used Jeep Grand Cherokee this summer.....?

first of all you probably should stay away from the 2004 model being the model changed to its current body style in 2005.



michigans economy, gas prices, and etc wont change what a dealer will sell a vehicle for. a dealership still owns their vehicles for what they paid for them regardless of economy or gas prices.



grand cherokees are a dime a dozen so you will get a wide range of prices depending on how they are equipment, mileage, and the overall condition.



we are selling our current inventory at cost due to the fact we just purchased two dealerships along with their inventory so we need to get rid of the old inventory to make room for more



if you feel comfortable with the deal you got, then you made a good deal



For Car Salesmen- I%26#039;m looking to purchase a Used Jeep Grand Cherokee this summer.....?

Here%26#039;s how you find out what the unit is really worth: Call a few dealerships and describe the Jeep you want as though you own it and want to sell it, NOT TRADE IT but sell it. The numbers they give you will be on the low side, so add 10% and you will be pretty close to cost...negociate from there as this is current real market value.



Now, one thing you should consider is if the Jeep was a rental return unit...those are the worst cars around and should be avoided like the plague.



Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment